Sunday, March 28, 2010

Interviewing a Criminal About Another Criminal

It's disturbing to read the newspaper sometimes. Majority of the articles are just plain dampering. And sometimes there are articles and interviews that make you think, "WTF?" Like, this morning, I got on NCTimes.com and the first headline I see is an interview from an ex-roommate of accused killer John Gardner. If you don't know, John Gardner has been accused of murdering Chelsea King and Amber Dubois. The girls' remains were found earlier this month.

I have to admit that I started to read this interview. In this interview, statements were made from the ex-roommate, who by the way, is a convicted sex-offender himself, about the personality and day to day life with John Gardner. O.k. I'll have to admit that at first I was intrigued by this interview and wanted to know more about what was going on with this accused child murderer. But then, not even half way through the article, I thought, "I'm reading an interview from a registered sex-offender about another sex-offender." The ironic part of it is that, he gives his opinions and perception on John Gardner as if he had credibility. But then again, what better way to get into the mind of a killer by someone of the like.

I don't know what upset me more: a sex-offender, giving his "professional" expertise, or the media interviewing this guy and letting him have even the slightest bit of fame, though his name was not mentioned. Our world is so twisted.

No comments: